Landlord Engagement Coordinator
Marketing and Outreach
Marketing and Outreach Manager
$45,000 - $50,000/year
Position open until filled
The full time Landlord Engagement Coordinator will focus on building rental property owner and manager participation in two new HousingLink programs: Beyond Backgrounds and Housing Hub.
Beyond Backgrounds is a program that helps renters with criminal, credit and rental history barriers find a place to live. This is accomplished by reducing the financial risk a landlord takes on when they make an exception to their screening criteria.
When a landlord rents to someone that has purchased Beyond Backgrounds Financial Assurance, they get up to $2,000 of financial coverage if something goes wrong like damage to the unit or legal fees.
This position will not work directly with renters. The person in this role will reach out to Property Management Companies and Independent Owners to explore how they can use Beyond Backgrounds Financial Assurance to rent to a wider range of people, while smartly managing their risk.
Housing Hub is software that will revolutionize how renters get on subsidized housing wait lists, and how properties manage wait lists. This position will sell Housing Hub to property management companies and provide onboarding and ongoing customer service to property management clients.
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new prospects.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise after the sale.
- Build and maintain prospect lists.
- Direct outreach/sales to Multifamily housing professionals and independent owners.
- Serve customers by selling products/services and meeting customer needs.
- Onboarding of new customers.
- Ongoing customer service and relationship management of existing customers.
- Exhibiting at conferences.
- Presenting sessions at conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Based in Minnesota (Twin Cities preferred)
- Daily access to a vehicle, a current driver’s license, and valid auto insurance.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, written, and verbal.
- Excellent sales and persuasion skills.
- Skilled with Windows, Google, and Microsoft Suite Applications, and online meeting software (Zoom, Google Meet, etc).
- Outreach or Sales experience.
- Lead building and prospecting experience.
- Work independently and autonomously.
Your cover letter and resume should explain how your skillset and experiences will make you successful in this role.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and speaking with clients.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel as directed.
HousingLink is a 25 year old nonprofit organization with a mission to connect people to affordable rental homes, increasing choice and access for all. The majority of this is done online by providing reliable, accurate information to renters, landlords, and policymakers. Each year more than 1 million searches for housing, 22,000 vacancy listings, and thousands of downloads of videos and research from our website help renters in Minnesota find housing solutions. Learn more about HousingLink here.
HousingLink offers a flexible work environment, we focus on accomplishing tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness, this can be accomplished working remotely or in the office. We have a suite within Fueled Collective, a co-working space in North East Minneapolis.
Submit Questions, Cover Letter and Resume to:
Marketing and Outreach Manager
HousingLink is an equal opportunity employer and will consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status. The administrative offices are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed.