Position: Outreach Coordinator
Hours: Full Time
Pay: $36,000 - $40,000
Contact: Send well-written cover letter and resume to Apply@HousingLink.org
Closing Date: February 25th, 2019
This position has a single focus: landlord outreach and engagement. This role is not just an advocate of the tenant. Rather, it understands that rental housing is a business and a successful tenancy requires a partnership between the renter, landlord and agencies providing services to support renters.
The Outreach Coordinator will form mutually beneficial relationships with landlords that encourages them to rent to households who may have barriers in their backgrounds that make it challenging to find housing without additional support (e.g. Criminal, Credit, Rental History).
This position will proactively find and connect with landlords, recruiting them to rent to clients in HousingLink's Beyond Backgrounds program, and to list openings through HousingLink.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THIS POSITION
- Understand what is important to landlords, and can effectively speak to these things.
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone/text, in person, and writing (promotional/marketing/sales writing).
- Sales & marketing skills.
- Ability to assist with creating marketing materials and messaging.
- Ability to plan and organize meetings, forums and special events.
- Self-motivated and able to meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, flexible, and comfortable with change.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web browsers, and other technology.
- Ability to travel to various metro locations to meet with landlords and other people.
- Must have daily access to a vehicle, a current MN driver’s license and valid auto insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Your skills, experience, and attitude matter more for this position.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
TO APPLY (Persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities encouraged to apply.)
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter make sure to highlight the knowledge and skills you possess that make you a good fit for this unique position.
HousingLink is a unique, affordable housing nonprofit in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. HousingLink is a primary affordable housing information resource for service agencies, housing providers, and policymakers in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. This includes providing vacancy information, property information, educational information, and offering a marketing service for property owners and managers. HousingLink’s mission-driven work helps these groups achieve their housing-related goals by using innovative technology and a broad communication network.
HousingLink is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.