The St. Cloud HRA is accepting online applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program starting on September 17, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. and ending September 21, 2018 at 11:59
Apply online here.
They will process the applications using a lottery. The lottery means that after all of the applications are received, they will use a computer to randomly select 1000 applications who will get placed on their Housing Choice Voucher waiting list.
To qualify for a voucher, your gross annual income must be at or below these income limits:
Stearns & Benton Counties:
- 1 person household - $24,750
- 2 person household - $28,250
- 3 person household -$31,800
- 4 person household - $35,300
- 5 person household - $38,150
- 6 person household - $40,950
- 7 person household - $43,800
- 8 person household - $46,600
- 9 person household - $49,420
Sherburne & Wright Counties
- 1 person household - $33,050
- 2 person household - $37,750
- 3 person household -$42,450
- 4 person household - $47,150
- 5 person household - $50,950
- 6 person household - $54,700
- 7 person household - $58,500
- 8 person household - $62,250
- 9 person household - $66,010
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted online. They will only accept a single application from any one household, so submitting multiple applications will not increase your chances of getting on the waiting list.
Since they are selecting applications for inclusion on the waiting list by lottery, there is no advantage to applying on the first day. All applications received while the waiting list is open will have equal opportunity in the lottery. Applicants that are on other waiting lists must apply for the Housing Choice Voucher waiting list to be included in the lottery.
Applications Selected in the Lottery
Keep record of your confirmation number after you submit your online application. Confirmation numbers of applications selected in the random lottery will be published on the HRA’s website.
If your application is not selected in the lottery, your application will not be placed on the
waiting list at all.
- 90% of applicants selected in the lottery will meet HRA preference requirements, in which
they live, work or are attending school full-time in the city limits of St. Cloud or the
counties of Benton, Sherburne or Wright. 10% of application selected will be nonpreference.
- Applicants selected in the lottery are NOT guaranteed a voucher. Being selected by the
lottery only means that the selected applications will be placed on the waiting list.
- Once on the waiting list, you may receive an offer of a voucher, but only if you are
eligible for the Housing Choice Voucher Program under Federal Law and only if a
voucher becomes available through the St. Cloud HRA.