HousingLink was established as a result of the 1995 Hollman v Cisneros Consent Decree, which sought improved housing conditions and greater location choice for families participating in the Section 8 voucher and public housing programs. Since that time, HousingLink has become the region's primary source for affordable housing-related data, information and resources. Over the next five years HousingLink will provide more information for renters through our website, broaden key services statewide, and increase information to better serve the disability community.
Our mission is to improve people’s lives through information expanding their affordable rental choices.
HOUSING CHOICE. We empower renters to choose housing locations with access to good schools, employment, transportation, and community resources.
STABILITY. We help renters find affordable housing that leads to stability in all aspects of their lives.
EQUITY. We believe communities are stronger when all renters have access to quality affordable and safe housing.
RELIABILITY. We are a trusted, objective source of accurate and reliable information that is easy to find.
INNOVATION. We continually find new and better ways to provide affordable rental housing information.
HousingLink Goals for 2012 – 2016
- Enhance services for renters and expand their housing choices, finding stable housing and increasing equity in the community.
- Expand services within the region and in Greater Minnesota, increasing housing choices for all Minnesotans.
- Develop and implement an accessible housing initiative, increasing housing choice and access to units with accessible features.
- Market proprietary HousingLink data and services to the broader industry.
- Continue to build a strong, financially sustainable organization.
Learn more! View the HousingLink 2012-2016 Full Strategic Plan