Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Vouchers

What is the VASH Voucher program?
The VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) voucher program is for homeless veterans. It pairs Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher rental assistance with case management and supportive services. The rental assistance is provided by a housing authority and the supportive services are offered through the local VA.

How does a veteran get a VASH Voucher?
First, a veteran must get screened by a county Veterans Service Officer. During the screening the veteran completes a Release of Information Form, and military status is confirmed. Then a veteran is referred to a local housing authority to obtain rental assistance.

Connect with a county Veterans Service Officer in the Twin Cities:

Anoka County Government Center
2100 3rd Avenue, Room 216
Anoka, MN 55303-5034
Phone: (763) 323-5290
FAX: (763) 323-5296

Carver County Veterans Service Office
555 West 1st Street
Waconia, MN 55387
Phone: (952) 442-2323
FAX: (952) 442-3025

Dakota County
One Mendota Road West, Suite 420
West Saint Paul, MN 55118-4772
Phone: (651) 554-5601
FAX: (651) 554-5839

Hennepin County Government Center
300 South 6th Street, SE First Level
Minneapolis, MN 54487-0013
Phone: (612) 348-3300
FAX: (612) 596-7676

Ramsey County Veterans Services
90 West Plato Blvd., Suite 210
Saint Paul, MN 55107
Phone: (651) 266-2545
FAX: (651) 266-2546

Scott County Government Center
200 Fourth Avenue West, Room 212
Shakopee, MN 55379-1220
Phone: (952) 496-8176
FAX: (952) 496-8575

Washington County
P.O. Box 30, 14949 62nd Street North
Stillwater, MN 55082
Phone: (651) 430-6895
FAX: (651) 430-6832

See Greater MN county offices here. You may also call 1-888-LinkVet (546-5838) for assistance.