Protect Your Renters From Lead Using Grant Funding to Replace Lead Painted Windows
Your property may qualify for a free lead assessment and up to $8,000 to fix lead hazards!
Landlords can use grant funds to cover up to 50 percent of the cost of lead hazard reduction at their rental property.Eligibility Requirements
- Your rental property is in Hennepin County.
- Your rental property was built before 1978.
- A child under the age of 6 lives at or regularly visits the property.
The Household Renting Your Property Must Meet These Income Requirements
- One-person household: $47,600
- Two-person household: $54,400
- Three-person household: $61,200
- Four-person household: $68,000
- Five-person household: $73,450
- Six-person household: $78,900
- Seven-person household: $84,350
- Eight-person household: $89,800
“Hennepin County’s Lead Safe grant program is probably one of the best kept secrets for rental property owners…the reimbursement is very generous and the staff were extremely efficient, started the process right away and finished the project quickly.” –Kevin, rental property owner
Participating Property Owner Requirements
- Allow Hennepin County staff access to the property for paint inspection and risk assessment repairs and clearance testing.
- Provide information to tenants on how to submit income verification and consent forms to Hennepin County (we will walk you through this).
- Help tenants with lodging expenses while lead reduction work is completed (grant funds may pay as much as $175 a day and more than $875 total).
- Ensure lead reduction work is completed within a year of the paint inspection and risk assessment or by November 15, 2018, whichever comes first.
Schedule an appointment here
Lead Safe RegistryHennepin County has fixed lead hazards in more than 4,200 homes through the lead program.
View the Lead Safe Registry